Y’all. February is flying. I just looked at the calendar and realized I hadn’t blogged in 11 days (whoops) and have plenty of drafts. I just have to hit publish! What am I doing?!
Anyway, I wanted to get back into the swing of things by sharing the chicken wing recipe I used on Super Bowl Sunday for my Instant Pot. I’ve pretty much decided if I can make something in my Instant Pot, I will.
I searched for a few different recipes, found a couple that I liked but nothing that was perfect. I ultimately went with my own concoction, using inspiration from a couple of different recipes. By the end, I really liked how the wings turned out, so I figured I’d share them with you.
So let’s just dive in, shall we?
Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
- 1-2 pounds of chicken wings (I used a 2lb. package of Smart Chicken wings)
- 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce (Whatever you prefer, but I used the Hy-Vee brand buffalo sauce)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Splash of pickle juice
- Salt (or seasoned salt)
- Cayenne pepper
- Cajun seasoning
- Marinate chicken wings with buffalo sauce, barbecue sauce, pickle juice and seasonings. I eyeballed the seasoning, and put more or less of certain seasoning in based on what I like. I also added some red chili flakes for a little more spice. I then marinated the chicken wings for a couple of hours, but it doesn’t hurt to let them marinate longer.
- Pour marinated chicken (and extra marinade) in Instant Pot.
- Set pressure cooker on manual for 10 minutes.
- While wings cook, preheat oven to 500 degrees (or your broil feature).
- When wings are done, do a quick release.
- Place wings on a foil-lined baking sheet. (I poured extra buffalo sauce and barbecue sauce on the foil before putting the wings on.)
- Broil wings for 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
Look how clean my oven is!
Anyway, by the time the wings came out of the oven, the meat was basically falling off the bone. They were pretty much perfect.
Once it gets nice enough outside, I think you could throw the wings on the grill after cooking them in the Instant Pot. I imagine that would be even better than the oven, but I was happy with the broil option for now.
While I made these for the Super Bowl, they’re definitely an easy every day meal. Add sides like potato salad, baked beans, corn bread, etc. and you’re good to go. Or eat the wings alone. If you make enough, you probably won’t need anything else because they’re that good.
Any new recipes I should try? Email me, tweet at me, or leave a comment below. You can even DM me on Instagram.
Bon appetit, friends.
P.S. If you need an Instant Pot or are thinking about getting one, Target has three different size options – 3 quart, 6 quart, and 8 quart.
Leave a Reply