What I wore this week: January 15-21, 2018
Hello, hello. Welcome to my weekly roundup of what I wore. There are a few reasons I’ve decided to do a weekly roundup, and I’ll share those reasons with you now:
- I recently got an Echo Look for my closet and it’s really helpful in documenting what I’ve worn. It’s not quite the same, but it makes me feel a little like I have Cher’s closet computer from Clueless. I’m trying to learn the ins and outs of it, while also taking inventory of what I’m wearing. That means I have the photos to share, for better or worse.
- I often get asked what I’m wearing (JK JK, like one person every 6 months will ask, tbh) so I obviously want to share the wealth of clothing information.
- I don’t know. I just felt like doing a roundup.
Pretty solid reasons if you ask me.
Anyway, here goes nothing. This blog is all about living and learning and whatever else, so maybe this will prove to be helpful to someone other than me. I have no idea, but let’s do it.
(from left to right)
Monday, January 15
It was freezing on Monday, but I had an appointment so I was forced to leave the house. I bundled up, but remained true to myself in one very dumb way: exposed ankles.
Also, my top is so comfortable and soft. I’m obsessed, and it’s only $16!
- Top: SHEIN Two Tone Cut And Sew Pullover
- Scarf: Barbour Westwray scarf
- Jeans: Madewell 9″ high-rise skinny jeans in patty wash
- Shoes: Keds Kickstar Leather sneakers (on sale!)
Tuesday, January 16
For those that may not know, I am not just a sports reporter. I am also a high school cheerleading coach. Fun, right?
Anyway, our high school’s wrestling team had a dual on Tuesday so I was looking for something that felt like sweats but was a little more put together. Since it was still FREEZING outside, I went with a sweatshirt, jeans and moccasins that are actually slippers but I still wear them outside.
- Top: VEDA ‘V’ sweatshirt (which I snagged from Select Style in Lincoln)
- Jeans: Madewell 9″ high-rise skinny jeans: destructed edition
- Shoes: UGG “Dakota” Pom Pom Moccasins (in black)
- Hat: North Face Nanny Knit Beanie
- Bandaid: Snoopy
Thursday, January 18
I had another high school sporting event, but this one was girl’s basketball. It was warmer outside, but the concept remained the same. I wanted comfort, so I went with the tried-and-true sweater, jeans and sneakers. Except my sneakers have a little extra poof to them, if you will.
- Top: SHEIN Drop Shoulder Color Block Textured Jumper
- Jeans: Madewell 10″ high-rise skinny jeans: step-hem edition (on sale!)
- Shoes: Steve Madden Bryanne Sneakers
Friday, January 19
I separated this one out because I was really excited with how this look came together. I attended ‘A Night of Symphonic Hip Hop featuring Wyclef Jean’ at the Holland Center in Omaha and I wanted to get a little more dressed up than normal, but nothing too crazy. I think I hit the right balance.
Regardless, the concert was incredible. If you can ever see Wyclef Jean in concert, do it. If you can see him backed by a symphony, DO IT. He was incredible, as were all the musicians on stage. I highly, highly recommend and would easily see him live again if he heads back our way.
- Top: J.Crew Tippi sweater in “Chamonix”
- Pants: Hello Ruby (I snagged the last pair, but check out the website. My friend Jill stocks Hello Ruby with so many great things, so you’re bound to find something you like.)
- Coat: Barbour Millfire Knit Jacket (I got my jacket on sale from Nordstrom, but it’s now sold out. You can still grab it full price at Bloomingdale’s, unless it goes on sale there soon, too!)
- Shoes: J.Crew Factory velvet gold-tip flats (no longer available, but I did find a pair on Poshmark!)
- Bag: SHEIN Round Bag With Metal Handle (A total knockoff of Meghan Markle’s amazing Chloe bag that she carried on Christmas. I was obsessed and so excited to find this lookalike!)
- Hat: Anthropologie Bonnie Beret
*** *** ***
And that is officially that! My first roundup is complete, and I hope to keep it alive more than one week. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, I’m going to try and revive my Poshmark so follow me there. I’m planning to list a bunch of things, and maybe you’d like to snag something. It says the closet is empty now, but I’ll be adding things soon!