I’m still trying to sort through this whole blog thing but I’m trying. I’ve found that themes help, but I’d eventually like to get to a point where I just write. Soon enough.
In the meantime, I’ve decided that each Friday I’m going to do a top five list of some sort. It could be my favorite five songs right at that moment, my top five books to read, etc. You get it.
So without further adieu, here are the five things I am currently loving right now:
- My friend Alli’s blog on why she left the journalism business: Look, Alli is a smart, smart human. I have always valued and appreciated our friendship because she challenges me, celebrates me and makes me a better person. Everything she said are things I have also felt and are very real. I’m proud to have her as a friend and am even prouder that she so openly shares her thoughts on her blog (which is what I eventually hope to accomplish here too).
- Hello Ruby (Omaha’s first mobile boutique): Jill, the amazing woman behind this adventure, is great. I had the chance to meet her and she is awesome. If you love to shop (and shop locally), you’re going to what to keep an eye on her. You can follow her on Twitter here, Instagram here and Facebook here.
- The weather: Can you complain about 60 and 70 degree weather in February? Well, I’m sure you could but you shouldn’t. It’s been the perfect first week weather-wise to start half-marathon training.
- Shiner’s Cold-Brew Coffee Ale: I’m a big fan of Shiner and this special edition brew did not disappoint. To make it ever better, the fine folks at Shiner sent me one of their limited edition mugs. Big, big fan here.
- The new Girl Scout S’mores: They are so good. So good, in fact, that I basically attacked a table of Girl Scouts at a Lowe’s to get a package of them. It’s fine. We’re all fine. (Also, a shout out to the Girl Scouts of Nebraska for the cool llama shirt and cookies. Y’all are wonderful.)
BONUS: Last but not least, a big shout out to Mike’l and Sausha for having me on The Bottom Line today. I always enjoy when I get to stop by and I appreciate TBL for letting me be an extension of the family.
So, there you have it. My first ‘Friday Five’ in the books. Cheers to that! Now to figure out what to write about that’s not theme-related…